Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Bridge to "Doing" Is Sometimes Small

I found a bridge to learning to swim; to use my arms and legs at once. Mom took me in the lake. It is so deep I can not touch the bottom. To walk with a life preserver on is to move like swimming. I move my arms like I learned anyway and the next thing I know they are operating, arms and legs, together; I am doggy paddling on both ends of my body at once. And I was able to do it for a very long time, paddling out and in and out again in the deep. I can not wait to try it in the pool without the preserver.

Only sometimes it is the smallest thing that makes a huge difference in learning to do something seemingly impossible for me. What was impossible is delayed not never for me now. I am a happy man today.

No comments:

Post a Comment