Friday, January 18, 2013

Music Takes Me to the Other Side of Physical

     Asking questions I am very good at. Mom and I take turns sometimes.  I do a lot of thinking in my autism.  For me, I just want to know what it is like on the other side of physical.  It looks so easy in observing what is a huge process for me.  Understanding sometimes helps.  For me, movement is surgery.  I have to systematically prepare for everything not reflex.  It is why I love and hate impulse.  Impulse is a shortcut to action, a nonthought way of doing that gets something; urges that are strong enough to bypass my need to think the movement through.  My music is like that too.  It takes the commands to another level - song; and sometimes the song replaces the command in triggering movement.  I am much more fluid with music as a background.  I love my radio as my most favorite possession after my string.  Relaxing I can do with it.  Do you know what that is to an Autist? - Everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment